Instagram

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Raffles Hotel.

Well was blog stalking (it's 3:17am I had nothing to do!) and saw these pictures of models at a shoot in Raffles Hotel. At first I didn't know it was there but then there was a picture with the stairs there and bam, I instantly recognized the place. The stairs are really pretty leh! Marble tiling/floors/etc and grand and big.

I guess it triggered that I-MISS-RAFFLES-HOTEL emotion in my body so yeah hi here I am. When I worked there for work attachment I complained all the time LOLOL. Complained that I had to wake up so early to face the morning rush crowd (HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE), complained that it was tiring, complained about the pay (okay this is a bit ridiculous cause by right work attachment also no pay one LOL), complained about everything I could complain about la LOL.

I was assigned to work there for ten days (EIGHT HOURS PER DAY DOESN'T SEEM LONG BUT IT IS) but I only went for a pathetic amount of six days omg fail whale. I guess when I heard (from the employees there I think) that even though I'll keep complaining about work I'll miss it when it's over... I didn't believe it at first but now I do.

When I went back to collect my pay weeks after I finished my work attachment and I opened the door to the staff area and walked down the stairs.. WAHHH the scent of the room just made me emotional lor. This is so weird but wah Raffles Hotel everywhere smell very nice one!!!!! Now I have this air freshener in my room that smells exactly like how the Raffles Shop smells like mmm.

I miss the people there, I miss the smell, I miss interacting with the tourists, I miss pasting stamps on the postcards with Agnes, I miss wrapping the kaya jars with bubble wrap, I miss packing hampers, I miss Wanping and Kala and Josh (I think), I miss picking out which paper bags to use, I miss panicking when someone calls the phone, I miss pasting Raffles Hotel stickers on the customer's bags, I miss sneaking into the store room to use my phone, I miss wrapping the candles, I miss walking to the back of the store to smell the gingerbread cookies HAHAHAHAHAHA omg I'm so weird.

Anyway I guess there is not much point in this blog post except for me whining about how much I miss Raffles Hotel but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHA it's k.

P.S. MY EAR DOESN'T HURT AS MUCH ALREADY :-)!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment